www.wineflies.co.za ...wine tours with a difference...
You will get to visit iconic estates. BUT even better...as you will also get to taste the wine lands in a more real way by visiting hidden farms only known to locals. A diversity of different farms in different regions like Stellenbosch etc, share stories with the locals, endless cheese tastings, local treats, chocolate and wine pairings, cellar tour, vineyard walk and of course numerous wines. This is what we pride ourselves in.
Wine Flies Wine Tours is a proud member of SAYTC, Cape Town Tourism and HI. Our guides are extremely knowledgeable and have valid Professional drivers permits as well as being SATOUR guide registered.
All styles of wines.
- 5 wine estates. (Iconic plus treasures only known to locals)
- Qualified, knowledgeable guide.
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle.
- Cheese tastings.
- Local delicacies such as Biltong, dried fruits.
- Chocolate & red wine pairing.
- Vineyard tour
- Cellar tour
- Areas like Stellenbosch and Paarl.
- Truly an unique SA experience.
- You will be picked up at your respective hotel or lodge in the city center at 8:00AM – 9:00 AM by one of our wine lords.
- Our first stop is Villiera wine estate, famous for its award winning Cap Classique wines (Champaign). Our guide takes you into the
vineyard, walking you through the history of wine and the process of vine growing, you will then get taken “behind the scenes” for a cellar tour, learning the art of wine making. We then head back for an informative wine tasting experience, with your wine lord taking you through the steps of how to REALY appreciate wine. Other stunning wines will also be sampled along with Biltong (local dried cured meat) pairing.
- Our next estate, situated in the Paarl wine region, is the iconic Fairview estate, famous for its award winning cheeses and wines.
- For our third estate, we do a guided drive through tour of Stellenbosch (oldest town in SA) to a family run farm called Middelvlei.
Surrounded by vineyards, here we enjoy a typical South African braai (barbeque) lunch and a taste of their unique wines.
- From Middelvlei we head onto the unique Lovane estate with its basement cellar and exceptional wines. This is quite a favourite
amongst our guests and totally of the beaten tourist track. We taste amazing wines as well as locally made chocolate.
- The next wine estate is the very unpretentious Annandale, owned by legend Springbok rugby player and 5th generation wine maker, Hempies du Toit. With its world-class wines, one that was the official wine served at the Prince of Monaco’s wedding, and rustic cellar, Annandale is a favourite amongst many. Their rustic tasting room is filled with old photos, equipment and memorabilia. We end the day with brandy and dried fruit pairing!
- Throughout the day we give out information on wine, history etc. but in return we post questions to our guests. We therefore also hand out a prize to the most knowledgeable guest of the day!
- You will be dropped of by your wine lord, having seen amazing landscapes, tasted plenty wines, and most of all experienced the real culture of SA wine!
- Drop off is about 5:30 PM - 6 PM at your respective hotel or lodge in the city center.
- Itinerary is subject to the wine estates’ availability on the day.
The price is R 700 PP. Scheduled departures 7 days a week. Booking via Belmont House for 5% discount